Following safety rules is extremely important while feeding a baby. A 6-week-old boy died from a head injury after falling from his dad’s arms during a feed.
McKenzie Ellis was just 6 weeks old when he lost his life in a tragic incident. His father, 20, was feeding the boy when he accidentally fell from his arms and hit his head.
— Daily Mirror (@DailyMirror) August 10, 2018
The frightened dad rushed the boy to London’s Kings College Hospital. Doctors kept fighting for the baby’s life for three days but, unfortunately, he couldn’t make it. Little McKenzie passed away from a head injury.
Dos and don’ts for baby feeding
Feeding your baby is the amazing and one-of-the-kind experience that helps create that special bond between a parent and a child.
The first feeding is the especially unique moment that requires a complete unity between a parent and a baby. But how to make sure you’re doing everything right and won’t hurt your child?
The first and the most important thing is to check with your pediatrician before starting a feeding session. Whether your baby is breast-fed or formula-fed, always follow the instructions of your pediatrician.
The good thing is to attend special courses for future parents, where they teach safety rules of baby feeding.
Please, never neglect professional advice from your doctor considering everything that relates to your baby’s safety. Watching a video tutorial or following some of your friend’s advice is not safe and can harm your child.
Here are some important rules for feeding your baby.
Safety rules for baby feeding
1. Always supervise your baby when he/she is eating to prevent choking.
2. Support an infant’s back and neck during feeding but not hold the baby too tightly.
3. Make sure the baby can freely breathe during the process
4. Remember that the baby’s appetite varies from one day to the next. This is normal!
5. It is recommended for parents to feed the baby in a sitting position. If a parent feels comfortable, a baby will be comfortable too.
6. Do not hesitate to ask your pediatrician any question related to your baby’s health.
We hope this information will be useful for all parents. Make sure that a baby feeding session will not turn out a tragic incident. Keep your child safe!
Source : fabiosa.com